You can Win big with Blackjack, Learn what you must know about this game.
Blackjack is a casino table game that has a low house edge of about 0.5% if basic strategy is used. This is as low a house edge as you can get which makes Blackjack a popular game for players who are willing to learn basic strategy.
Goal of the Game
The goal of Blackjack is often misstated as trying to hit 21 without busting out, but the actual goal is simply to beat the dealer. You could hypothetically beat the dealer with 12 which is significantly lower than 21 because the dealer can bust.
Bets and the Deal
A maximum of 7 players can play at a single Blackjack table and every player will place their chips in the circle in front of their position on the table. The dealer will then give two cards to every player and then finally deal cards for him/herself. The dealer will have one face-up card so you will be able to estimate the strength of the dealer’s hand. The hands of the other players do not affect your chances of winning – you only play against the dealer.
The highest hand between the player and the dealer will win. Players can choose to hit, stand, split, double down, take insurance or in some cases surrender. An explanation of these actions is as follows:
• Hit: Take another card
• Stand: Play with current hand
• Split: If player is holding a pair (such as two 8s) the player can split the 8s to create two separate hands
• Double Down: Double the bet and take one final card
• Surrender: Forfeit the hand and only lose half of the bet – most casinos do not have this option
• Insurance: Take insurance to protect against the dealer having blackjack if his/her upcard is an Ace.